Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Invest In Each Other

September 24th,

  We talked about being invested in our community yesterday.  We talked about giving up your time and energy for others.  These things are great on paper but in person, oh they are so much more different and so often difficult.  I am realizing now how much we need each other, how much we really, truly need someone, maybe even a stranger to ask us how we're doing and how we're feeling.  This looks completely different in every situation but it's the same concept at heart: Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. I want someone to ask how my day was, I want someone to care how I am,  want to share my joys and pains and in the end....  I don't want to be alone.  So I determine what that would look like in action and do the same for others.  We are often quick to admit we have many problems, but why cant we consider that of others? We talk our talks and walk our walks as if we had no clue we are all screwed up ti'll someone tells us so.  I'm going to make an absolute general statement for every human breathing today;  Every single person is struggling every single day.  So be kind, don't throw on that label, talk to them, and show them you care.

No comments:

Post a Comment